Note: In the retail data, Simmons does not provide data showing “ever shopped” at X Store. Ever Used data is only available for product data. However Simmons asks consumers if they have shopped in a particular retail store in the last 3 months.
Setup for the assignment:
1. Click on the OPEN button and select the R4.1 Ever_Used_Retail PLS DO NOT EDIT file.
2. Click LOAD to open the file and automatically enter data into the COLUMNS and ROWS.
3. Make sure you are using the most recent 12 Month Study. In this case, "Spring 2016 NHCS Adult Study 12-Month". To verify that you have the most recent study, click the STUDY icon.
4. Rename the Crosstab to your Brand or Team Name.
5. Check the "Use Question Text along with Answer Text" box above the ANSWER box.
6. Keep the question that showcases users of this product. In this case the Rows are populated with "DEPT/DISC/CHLD/CLOTH/STORES-SH LST 3 MOS: ANY"
To do your assignment:
1. Keep the question that showcases users of this product. In this case the Rows are populated with "DEPT/DISC/CHLD/CLOTH/STORES-SH LST 3 MOS: ANY"
2. Under the SEARCH, choose a competitor to Macy's. In this Case, "DEPT/DISC/CHLD/CLOTH/STORES-SH LST 3 MOS: ABERCROMBIE & fITCH".
3. Select and Drag "DEPT/DISC/CHLD/CLOTH/STORES-SH LST 3 MOS: AEROPOSTALE" to the Columns box
4. Repeat step 2 for additional brands of your product.
5. Click on RUN CROSSTAB to run the analysis on your data. EXPORT data.
6. Click SAVE, to preserve your template for further reference.