Task: Find out more about consumers of your product based on their attitudes and opinions on a variety of questions.
This data tracks if the respondents agree or disagree with statements such as: "I enjoy spending time with my family." " I find it difficult to say no to my kids." "I am an optimist."
Setup for the assignment:
1. Click on the OPEN tab; Select the P2 - Psycographics_Product DO NOT EDIT file; LOAD
2. Click the 'X' above the ROWS box clear all the previous selections.
3. Leave your brand/drink choices in the COLUMNS box. Refer to Search #1 for instructions on finding the brands, if needed.
To do your assignment:
1. Under the SEARCH tab (DICTIONARY BOX), double click LIFESTYLE STATEMENTS to view the wide range of psychographic scales.
2. As an example: Double click on the ATTITUDES/OPINIONS –DIET AND HEALTH option.
3. Choose ATTITUDES (HEALTH) - AGREE A LOT.
4. Read over the list of statements, and select ones that you feel will provide relevant data to your product. Highlight your choices, and then drag to ROWS. i.e. I like to treat myself to foods not healthy.
5. Under the SEARCH tab, scroll to find ATTITUDES/OPINIONS –SOCIAL INTERACTION. Double click to expand.
6. Choose ATTITUDES (SOCIAL INTERACTION) - AGREE A LOT. (This is called a “top box” analysis, looking at the just the %s who “agree a lot”, to get the maximum discrimination. There are also ways to look at the “top two boxes.”)
7. Read over the list of statements, and select ones that you feel will provide relevant data to your product. Highlight your choices, and then drag to ROWS. i.e. I like to try new things no one else has
8. Click RUN CROSSTAB for analysis and EXPORT.
Focus on the INDEX and compare this across different brands. Higher Indices mean the brand scores higher on this.