Note: Assignments #1-5 focus on product information and begin with the P1 - Demographics_Product DO NOT EDIT file. Assignment examples related to retail stores and other services are provided in the "Retail Search #1 Demographics" tab of this guide.
Setup for the assignment:
1. Click the CLEAR button at the top of the screen to clear all data from the ROWS and COLUMNS boxes.
2. Click on the OPEN tab and select the P1 - Demographics_Product DO NOT EDIT file.
3. Click LOAD to open the file. Data will automatically populate the COLUMNS and ROWS.
4. Adjust data for the COLUMNS. Click the blue 'X' at the top of the COLUMNS box to erase all the previous brand data.
5. Check the box at the top for "Use Question Text along with Answer Text". This helps identify the descriptions of the questions when downloading later.
To do your assignment:
1. Do not adjust ROWS. Retain all given data about gender, age, marital, employment and household income.
2. In the DICTIONARY BOX (under Search button), scroll down to BEVERAGES - NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS. Click the arrow to expand the category.
3. Click on the arrow for OTHER REG CARB (NON-COLA) DRINKS and expand the category.
4. Click on OTHER REG CARB DRINKS – BRAND SUMMARY. The drink brand list will open in the window to the right.
5. Hold CTRL key and select the required drink brands: 7-UP, A&W, CANADA DRY, DR PEPPER, and MOUNTAIN DEW. Drag data to the COLUMNS box.
6. Click on RUN CROSSTAB to get the results.
7. Click on the EXPORT to save your data.
8. Click on EDIT to return to the previous page. If you click on the BACK BUTTON you will be logged out.
9. For help in interpreting the results, see the Simmons OneView Kresge Guide.