Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search #3: Loyalty Primary
Task: What percent of users of your brand use MOST OFTEN (i.e similar to a user share)?
- Identify consumers who use the product or service; (this will go into ROWS)
- Identify the brands that are used most by the consumers; (this will go into COLUMNS)
- Examine the actual Simmons’ survey copy to see how consumers have been asked about the products. Access RESOURCE tab and SURVEY METHODOLOGY in Simmons OneView
- Different products have different time frames. For example, OTHER REG CARB (NON-COLA) DRINK only provides a time frame of last 7 days. BEER – REGULAR DOMESTIC (CANS/BOTTLES) has a MO (Most often) and "DRINK ALSO" category. Questions that answer to the "Used in Last 30 Days", "Eaten in Last 30 Days" “Used in the Last 12 Months” work best for this assignment.
Remember that different questions yield different results. Consumers will be asked if they have tried a product (such as a beverage) but will not be asked if they have tried a service like mobile phones.
- For this assignment, we are going to find consumers who drink Budweiser as their favorite brand (MO=Most Often) or consumers who have another favorite brand, but who also drink Budweiser.
A. Setup for the assignment:
- Click on OPEN button and select the P3 - Most Often_ PLS DO NOT EDIT file and LOAD.
- Rename the file from to something else. In this example, rename to "Most Often Used Beer" or add your product or team name.
- Click the CLEAR button at the top of the screen to clear all previous data from the ROWS and COLUMNS boxes.
B. Setup Do YOU DRINK in ROWS:
- Under SEARCH, locate BEER REGULAR DOMESTIC – DO YOU DRINK?
- Check the "Use Question Text along with Answer Text" box above the ANSWER box
- Click BEER REGULAR DOMESTIC – DO YOU DRINK? Drag the "YES" option to the ROWS box.
C. Identify Brand list in COLUMNS
- Click on REGULAR DOMESTIC BEER – BRANDS DRINK MO (MO=most often)
- Select and Drag BUDWEISER to the COLUMN Box at the side.
D. Add Additional Brands in COLUMNS and Export
- Repeat these steps for COORS and MILLER HIGH LIFE.
- Click on RUN CROSSTAB, to run the analysis on your data.
- Click EXPORT to save the data in an EXCEL spreadsheet. Excel 2007 is recommended.
Understanding the data
- Of the total 23,793 people surveyed, only 5,015 drink Regular Domestic beer. All others responded negatively or do not know.
- Out of the people who said that they drink Regular Domestic beer, 1,789 or 8.2% drink Budweiser most often. (4.2% drink Coors most often and 2.3% drink Miller High Life most often).