Task: What percent of your PRODUCT's users have ever tried your BRAND?
Remember that different questions yield different results. Consumers will be asked if they have tried a product (such as a beverage) but will not be asked if they have tried a service like mobile phones.
Setup for the assignment:
1. Click on the OPEN button and select the P4 Ever_Used_Retail PLS DO NOT EDIT file.
2. Click LOAD to open the file and automatically enter data into the COLUMNS and ROWS.
3. Make sure you are using the most recent 12 Month Study. In this case, "Spring 2016 NHCS Adult Study 12-Month". To verify that you have the most recent study, click the STUDY icon.
4. Rename the Crosstab. In this case "Subway Ever Used."
5. Check the "Use Question Text along with Answer Text" box above the ANSWER box.
6. Keep the question that showcases users of this product. In this case the Rows are populated with "FAST FOOD & DRIVE-IN RESTAURANT - USE?: YES"
To do your assignment:
1. Keep the question that showcases users of this product. In this case the Rows are populated with "FAST FOOD & DRIVE-IN RESTAURANT - USE?: YES"
2. Under the SEARCH locate
3. Find Subway in the list. Select and Drag "SUBWAY" to the Columns box.
4. Select and Drag "SUBWAY" to the Columns box.
5. Choose a competitor to compare with Subway. In this case, choose MCDONALD'S.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for additional brands of your product. In this case WENDY'S and TACO BELL.
7. Click on RUN CROSSTAB to run the analysis on your data. EXPORT data.
8. Click SAVE, to preserve your template for further reference.