Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Nonprofit Board Governance (and Related Issues)
- Electronic newsletter for nonprofit board members includes news, opinion and links to resources
- Find a board to serve on, or search for potential board members on this site which includes over 12,000 candidates and boards
- One of the premier websites dedicated to nonprofit governance, BoardSource provides access to workshops and training, governance consultants and a catalog of reference materials on nonprofit governance. The site also provides links to papers and articles, e-books, web resources and BoardSource research
- View their page of Freely Available Resources.
Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
- The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation Nonprofit Leadership Initiative produces the guide, covering advocacy, financial and organizational management, fundraising and governance
Principles for Good Governance and Ethical Practices: A Guide for Charities and Foundations
- Download the reference edition of the report produced by the Panel on the Nonprofit Sector, convened by Independent Sector. Report outlines 33 practices to support board members and staff of charitable organizations
Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Strategies, tools and ideas for nonprofits, foundations, and socially responsible businesses. Stanford's Center for Social Innovation in the Graduate School of Business produces the journal,an opinion blog and an "Ask the Expert" feature
White Courtesy Telephone
- News, opinion and Commentary from Inside the Third Sector. Blog dedicated to nonprofit philanthropic organizations features commentary on all aspects of nonprofit management and governance.
Strengthening Transparency, Governance, Accountability, of Charitable Organizations Panel on Nonprofit Sector
Nonprofit Governance in the United States: Findings on Performance and Accountability from the First National Representative Study
- 2007 report from the Urban Institute
Nonprofit Strategic Planning