Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Resources from Nonprofit Organizations
- Resource from California that provides resources, especially to smaller community organizations
- Articles and Publications including speeches and white papers written by those in the field and in academics
- Network of state and regional nonprofit associations serving over 20,000 members in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
- Helps small and midsize nonprofits manage more effectively, collaborate, and engage in critical policy issues
- Sponsors the annual Nonprofit Congress, a meeting on nonprofits for information sharing and local grassroots planning
- Their mission is to "advance the vital role, capacity, and voice of charitable nonprofit organizations through our state and national networks."
- Great source for numerous reports, articles and best practices for America's nonprofits.
- Primarily an advocacy group for nonprofits in Michigan; site includes many noteworthy resources including:
- The Institute's page includes links to nonprofit directories, research papers, internet resources and nonprofit statistics.
- Great source for reports and web-publications.
- Clearinghouse for data on nonprofits in the United States. Includes U.S. and state profiles, access to the NCCS database and a searchable indexto filed IRS 990 forms
- An example of the state profile for Michigan
- From their website, "The DESA NGO Branch is the focal point within the UN Secretariat for non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and for NGOs seeking status."
- Good source for research on NGOs.
- Excellent Ann Arbor Agency that supports the work of Nonprofits in Southeast Michigan
- This resource Includes information on all aspects of nonprofit management including: fund raising, marketing, management, volunteers, planning, etc.
- Based in Seattle, NPower is a "...network of locally based nonprofit organizations that provide comprehensive, high-quality and affordable technology assistance to other nonprofit groups nationally. Founded in 1999, NPower currently serves more than 4,000 organizations each year."
- Guides and Papers on a variety of topics related to implementing and using technology at nonprofit organizations - including the Technology for Leaders series of reports & Using Free Online Tools.