Skip to Main Content
Resources from Nonprofit Organizations
- Resource from California that provides resources, especially to smaller community organizations
- Articles and Publications including speeches and white papers written by those in the field and in academics
- Network of state and regional nonprofit associations serving over 20,000 members in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
- Helps small and midsize nonprofits manage more effectively, collaborate, and engage in critical policy issues
- Sponsors the annual Nonprofit Congress, a meeting on nonprofits for information sharing and local grassroots planning
- Their mission is to "advance the vital role, capacity, and voice of charitable nonprofit organizations through our state and national networks."
- Great source for numerous reports, articles and best practices for America's nonprofits.
- Primarily an advocacy group for nonprofits in Michigan; site includes many noteworthy resources including:
- The Institute's page includes links to nonprofit directories, research papers, internet resources and nonprofit statistics.
- Great source for reports and web-publications.
- Clearinghouse for data on nonprofits in the United States. Includes U.S. and state profiles, access to the NCCS database and a searchable indexto filed IRS 990 forms
- An example of the state profile for Michigan
- From their website, "The DESA NGO Branch is the focal point within the UN Secretariat for non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and for NGOs seeking status."
- Good source for research on NGOs.
- Excellent Ann Arbor Agency that supports the work of Nonprofits in Southeast Michigan
- This resource Includes information on all aspects of nonprofit management including: fund raising, marketing, management, volunteers, planning, etc.
- Based in Seattle, NPower is a "...network of locally based nonprofit organizations that provide comprehensive, high-quality and affordable technology assistance to other nonprofit groups nationally. Founded in 1999, NPower currently serves more than 4,000 organizations each year."
- Guides and Papers on a variety of topics related to implementing and using technology at nonprofit organizations - including the Technology for Leaders series of reports & Using Free Online Tools.