Basic Guide to Non-Profit Financial Management
- Web guide from the Free Management Library covers the basics, budget creation, financial statements and analysis
Business Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
- Guide published by SCORE includes information on strategic and business planning and feasibility studies for nonprofits
Financial Management in the Nonprofit Sector: A Mission-Based Approach to Ratio Analysis in Membership Organizations
- Paper from the University of Wollongong, Australia, addresses financial performance assessment for nonprofits
Guidestar Articles on Accountability, Ethics, and Trust in the Sector
- Online articles from Guidestar. While brief, they do cover a great number of issues and concepts of importance to nonprofit organizations.
- Since finances cut across all aspects of nonprofit work, consider viewing all the articles on Guidestar
Nonprofits Assistance Fund
- Many relevant articles and tools for operating nonprofit organizations
- These include:
Alliance for Nonprofit Management
- Useful resources available for nonprofit management issues.
The Aspen Institute
Charity Accountability Standards