Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Business Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Check out "Making Sense of Business Reference!"
Making Sense of Business Reference by
Call Number: Z 711.6 .B87 R67 2012
Part business reference therapy, part resource guide, Making Sense of Business Reference is here to help. For periodic BizRef tips, go and "Like" its Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/MakingSenseBizRef
This is a book that I wrote that primarily targets librarians, but non-librarians who are interested in resources and strategies for answering business-related questions will be able to learn from it, as well.
Link to the eBrary online version.
Small Biz & Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship Research Guide
- U-M Library has a great guide covering all kinds of topics related to Entrepreneurship, including Patents
Small Business Administration
- The SBA has a wealth of information and guidance for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Business Plans & Profiles Index
- From Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, this is a handy index to business plans available online or through the Business Plans Handbook. Do an "Edit--Find on Page" search to see if the business type you're looking for is covered.
- A collaboration between the Kauffman Foundation, the Lowe Foundation and the James J. Hill Reference Library--great info on starting and growing a business.
NYPL Small Business Resource Center
- A great example of and pointer to small business resources.
Michigan Business One-Stop
- State of Michigan's guide for small businesses.
Ask for help anytime!
Contact the Kresge Library anytime and feel free to direct students and other researchers our way.