Skip to main content
Best Resources for Nonprofits
- Financial data for over 1.5 million nonprofits in the United States. Data includes revenue tables, expense tables, and balance sheets, as well as organization overviews, annual reports, key personnel, and access to IRS 990 Forms.
Foundation Directory Online
- The Foundation Directory provides a comprehensive source for news and information on U.S.based foundations.
- The site includes: searchable archives of Philanthropy News Digest, Foundation Finder, Philanthropy Search Engine for the web (Sector Search), 990-PF forms, a virtual classroom with online tutorials for proposal writing, bugeting and more.
- Information on nearly one million companies, including large and mid-sized companies in the United States and Canada, and hundreds of thousands of companies world-wide.
- Information on nonprofit membership associations and professional societies worldwide plus IRS information for US nonprofit organizations.
- Analysis of growth trends, influencing factors, competitive environment, and key issues facing industries, including information on key personnel and financials for leading publicly traded companies. Archival reports are available for each industry with some back to 2001.
- IBISWorld covers many sectors of the U.S. economy that are dominated by nonprofits, such as education, museums, libraries, etc.
- Statista includes ready-made statistical charts, graphs and tables on marketing, demographics, communication, technology, politics, health, leisure and public opinion polls.
- Research reports covering the US and European marketplace. Each market research report combines data and analysis of the competitive landscape, market-share analysis consumer profiles, and demographic issues.
- Technical notes: Users must create individual accounts in Mintel and login in order to download or export data from the database.
- Incuded in Mintel is a great deal on Cause Marketing