Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating Entries for Market Research & Analyst Reports
Kresge Library does not have direct export databases for Market or Analyst Reports. However, you can manually create a record using the following key fields:
- Under References in the Menu, click on Add New Reference - make sure you fill in the following fields:
- "In Folder(s)", select appropriate folder(s) (if needed)
- Ref Type - select "Report"
- Source Type - select "Electronic"
- Authors - First author listed last name first; all others first name first
- Title - use as much as you can from the document
- Pub Year - use year
- Pub Date Free Form - use the full date listed on the document as it is presented
- Publisher - name of the firm
- Place of Publication - city of the firm. Use first listed if multiple locations are given
- Data Source - use the name of the resource (same as from Kresge's A-Z list if applicable)
- Retrieved Date - use the date that you downloaded the information.
- Other fields may be left blank
Citing Your Work
Business Resource Citation Guides
Harvard Business School Citation Guide
- An excellent resource from the Baker Library at Harvard Business School
- Includes citation guidelines for nearly every type of information resource, especially internet and news resources
Citing Business Databases in APA Style
- From the University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- Useful guide that includes examples of citing major business databases in the APA style
Style Citation Guides
U-M Library Citation Help Research Guide
- Covers how to cite in APA, MLA and a variety of other styles
- Includes information on citing Government Documents and Data Sets
OWL Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Purdue's comprehensive citation pages from the online writing lab includes details on MLA, APA style and citation samples