Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC)
- The SIC is from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
- Knowing the SIC code may make it easier to track down the current market for a product or service as well as existing competitors.
- Primarily useful for manufacturing and older services.
- Link to the organizational structure for SIC.
North American Industry Classification System NAICS)
- From their site, "North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy."
- The codes are updated every five years, the most recent was 2012.
- This is from the United States Census Bureau.
U.S. Small Business Administration