Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Key Bentley Resources
- From their site, "The Bentley Historical Library collects the materials for and promotes the study of the histories of two great, intertwined institutions, the State of Michigan and the University of Michigan. The Library is open without fee to the public, and we welcome researchers regardless of academic or professional affiliation."
- Here are additional links to better navigate their site for information on an academic unit at Michigan:
Michigan Daily Digital Archives (from the Bentley Library)
- Since 1890, the Michigan Daily provided campus news as a student run organization that was editorially and financially independent from the University of Michigan.
- From their site: "The archives provides searchable access to over 200,000 digitized student newspaper pages from 1891 through 2014. New volumes of the newspaper will be added in the future as they are available. The Michigan Daily Digital Archives project has been generously funded by The Kemp Family Foundation."
Other University of Michigan Library Resources
Duderstadt Photograph Archive
The Duderstadt Photograph Archive contains nearly 4,000 images dated between 1959-2004 from James and Anne Duderstadt’s years at the University in their roles as faculty, dean, provost, president, and community leaders.
University of Michigan History Pages
History of U-M Site
- From the site: "The History of U-M site is designed to facilitate access to and development of historical content and resources. It continues the momentum of the university’s 2017 bicentennial and reflects an institution-wide commitment to promoting, disseminating, and examining U-M history. This work provides critical touchstones for engaging with current issues and the direction of the university as a whole."
- History of U-M Stories
- History of U-M Resources (including databases and online exhibits)
Find Books at MLibrary (Mirlyn)
MLibrary Search: Catalog
Search the collections of the University Library by keyword, author, etc. Remember that a catalog search is not searching every page, only the book's catalog information, so avoid using very narrow terms or lots of combined keywords.
Searches in U-M Library Catalog Search:
- These are searching the Bentley Historical Library books and archival material (as well as ebooks and print books in the main library).
- "Ross School of Business" in the U-M Library Catalog Search catalog
- "School of Business Administration" (for older items) in the U-M Library Catalog Search catalog