Here is a list of organizations that provide guidance and advice to entrepreneurs, online research and data about entrepreneurial activity, and help you identify people that you might want to contact as you progress throughout your research.
Michigan Venture Capital Association
- Dedicated to the Michigan VC community, the MVCA includes a searchable Investor and Service Provider directory, research links and a startup jobs listing
Angel Capital Association
- Professional and trade association focused on the success of angel investors in high-growth, early-stage ventures. Find an angel, join an angel group, and be sure to check out the Resources section including sample operational templates and best practices
Angel Resource Institute
- One of ARI's main goals is to gather robust data on angel groups, so that the foundation and academic research community can analyze the data and produce research that informs policy makers, entrepreneurs, investors and academia
- Current articles, expert columns and networking resources; scroll down the page to view the "Channels" featured on the site, including information on franchising, business opportunities and starting and growing a business
Entrepreneurship Corner (Stanford)
- Collection of more than 1,600 videos and podcasts related to entrepreneurship, innovation, product development, and other business topics, including lectures from thought leaders in the field.
U of M Office of Technology Transfer
- information for student entrepreneurs
- Accessible through iMpact; search by company, industry, alumni name