The only exception is Business Monitor, which is in the Kresge A-Z Database List.
Background Notes - US Department of State
U.S. Department of State Background Notes
- This link provides information on a country's culture/history, political/economy/country risk, travel/business contacts.
- Library of Congress Country Studies.
The World Factbook - CIA
Excellent source of country data., with emphasis on geo-political and country demographics and infrastructure.
Doing Business in Foreign Countries
U.S. Commercial Service - International Trade Administration
- U.S. Commercial Service- Country Commercial Guides
- Country Commercial Guides from 2002 - present
- Provides market reports and market research regarding countries and numerous industries.
Has a number of good resources, covering trade. The Trade Stats Express in their Trade Statistics, offers the user charts/sales, on global patterns of U.S. Merchandise Trade as well as product profiles of U.S. Trade with a selected market.
U.S. Department of State- Business Center. www.state.gov/business
Links for international market
Country Risk Ratings.
KPMG's Guide to International Business Costs.
A report that compares the cost of doing business in different countries. This is available online and free
Compares non-monetary costs (time, regulations etc.) between countries Data is comprehensive and sources are from the World Bank.org