Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Resources for Demographics
- Web-based mapping application for creating thematic maps and reports using demographic, business and marketing data.
- Data can be downloaded for use with other software such as Excel or GIS
- Contains both census and consumer based data targeted to a region, congressional district, state, county, or city
- Ideal for getting business or industry sales figures as well as consumer demographics
- DemographicsNow provides comprehensive business and residential information for users to assess business viability, create sales leads and/or marketing mailing lists, analyze population trends, find potential sponsors and donors, and much more.
- #1 source for current U.S. population data and the latest economic indicators
- Data includes income, race, age, education, spending
- National, state, and city level data
- Ready-made statistical charts, graphs and tables on marketing, demographics, communication, technology, politics, health, leisure and public opinion
- Most data is in the form of charts and PPTs
University of Michigan Libraries
Clark GIS & Map Library
- Clark GIS Libray contains a multitude of maps, GIS, resources, and reference assistance in geo-spatial data
- Ask about Social Explorer, which offers easy-to-use tools for visual exploration of demographic information. Great for developing market demographics by region, state, county, city
Demographics: Studies of a population based on factors such as age, race, sex, economic status, levels of education, income level, and employment, among others.
Psychographics: The study and classification of people according to their attitiudes, aspirations, and other psychological criteria, especially in market research.