Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Resources to help you as you plan, build and start your new venture
This guide will take you through resources that will be valuable as you begin your business planning, gather industry and other data to support your funding efforts and present your new business concept.
- Kresge's guide to reU-M Library Databases Search includes links and instructions to help you find journals and articles, manage your bibliography and use a variety of available U-M Library Databases Search to help you find data and information to support your research
Organizations to help you start planning
Here is a list of organizations that provide guidance and advice to entrepreneurs, online research and data about entrepreneurial activity, and help you identify people that you might want to contact as you progress throughout your research.
Michigan Venture Capital Association
- Dedicated to the Michigan VC community, the MVCA includes a searchable Investor and Service Provider directory, research links and a startup jobs listing
Angel Capital Association
- Professional and trade association focused on the success of angel investors in high-growth, early-stage ventures. Find an angel, join an angel group, and be sure to check out the Resources section including sample operational templates and best practices
Angel Resource Institute
- One of ARI's main goals is to gather robust data on angel groups, so that the foundation and academic research community can analyze the data and produce research that informs policy makers, entrepreneurs, investors and academia
- Current articles, expert columns and networking resources; scroll down the page to view the "Channels" featured on the site, including information on franchising, business opportunities and starting and growing a business
Entrepreneurship Corner (Stanford)
- Collection of more than 1,600 videos and podcasts related to entrepreneurship, innovation, product development, and other business topics, including lectures from thought leaders in the field.
U of M Office of Technology Transfer
- information for student entrepreneurs
- Accessible through iMpact; search by company, industry, alumni name
Chat with a Librarian