Welcome to the Market Research Basics series of workshops, presented through a partnership between the UMSI Entrepreneurship Program and the Ross School of Business Kresge Library!
This guide will point to some of the resources covered in the workshop, as well as to contact information if you have further questions.
What (and when) are the workshops?
- Getting Started: Market Research Basics 9/17/15
- Unleash your inner business and market researcher! Learn how to search for—and find!—the data and other information you need to tell more compelling stories about your passions, your company or your ideas.
- Date a (market research) Database! 9/24/15
- Come speed date some of the most interesting and talented resources around for finding information on consumer markets, industries, and nonprofits.
- Market Research Clinic (BYO Market Research Stumper) 10/1/15
- Let us help you find your way out of that business research rabbit hole! Bring your stumper of the day/week/lifetime whether it’s a company, an industry, a market research segment or all of the above and get hands-on assistance in identifying the best information resources available.
- Panel: Market Research in Practice 10/8/15
- Our panelists will discuss the type of research they use for work, how they developed their skills and their tips and tricks for success across organization, market, or consulting settings. Panelists include consultants, librarians, and venture capitalists who all use research skills in their decision-making processes. Light refreshments will be served.
All workshops are Thursday, 4-5pm in the UMSI Engagement Center, 777 N. Washington. Open to all UM faculty, students and staff.