Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Useful Government Resources on the Retail Industry
Monthy & Annual Retail Trade
- Page from the United States Census Bureau.
- Includes Monthly and Annual Trade Reports with data from the 1990s to the present.
- Also includes retail e-commerce sales reports that are released on a quarterly basis.
Retail Sales items from United Stataes Department of Commerce
- Includes statements and other press releases, primarily from the U.S. Commerce Secretary.
Retail Industry Portal (EPA)
- Site from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- From the site: "The Retail Industry Portal provides access to the many programs and resources available to help prevent and resolve environmental issues at retail establishments. Two types of resources are available:
- Compliance Resources: Help you meet current regulatory obligations. In addition to Federal regulations, state regulations may also apply to your business activities. Not complying with regulatory obligations can result in enforcement actions.
- Sustainability Resources: Help you voluntarily go beyond regulatory obligations to protect the environment.
Retail Trade (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Information on workforce statistics and working conditions for the Retail Trade - NAICS 44-45