Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Selling, General & Administrative (SG&A) Expense Benchmarks
SG & A in Public Company Financials
Use D&B Hoovers and Mergent Online to access public company financials. Consolidated SG & A Expenses are provided and located in the Income Statement
- D&B Hoovers offers Efficiency Ratios such as Revenue/Employee, Operating Income/Employee and a few others
- Mergent only provides Asset Management Turnover ratios.
Company Advertising & Media Spend
REDBOOKS on Winmo
Access company & its annual media spend by category
IT Spend Metrics
The following reports provide some general information on IT metrics and spend data:
- 12 Rules of IT Cost Management. July 2020
- Measuring IT's Yield to Balance IT Cost Optimization: The Gartner Cost Value Matrix (Part 1). Oct 2019
- Three-Year Roadmap for IT Cost Optimization. Sept 2019.. See Figure 2: 2019 IT Key Metrics Data, Cross-Industry
- User Survey Analysis: Key Findings from Midsize Enterprise Summits in North America, 2017. 18 December 2017. ID G00344292. See Figure 1 Data Insights and Midsize Enterprise IT Footprint (Averages)
CFO magazine's Metric of the Month
"Metric of the Month" featured in CFO.COM provides some benchmark costs for finance, accounting and other related functions:
To locate cost metrics, apply the following search:
- Use Advanced Google Search
- All words: cost FTE (can add terms such as "finance" "accounting"
- Exact phrase: metric of the month
- Domain: .cfo.com